Get new knowledge and inspiration. The Integration Department of the Danish Refugee Council offers counselling, analyses, training, conferences and courses for professionals and volunteers working with refugees and migrants.
Danish Refugee Council is the leading NGO in Denmark working with integration of refugees and migrants. With 500 employees and 8,000 volunteers, the DRC Integration Department is responsible for professional networks servicing municipalities, regions, ministries, institutions, private companies, and the voluntary sector regarding integration.
A dignified life for all is the overall vision for our integration activities. Hence, we support and enable refugees and migrants to be part of a community and to enjoy equal rights and opportunities. We see language proficiency, employment, participation in civil society, and an inclusive society as pivotal for the quality of life, empowerment and future possibilities of refugees and migrants.
DRC Integration consists of the following departments:
- Lærdansk [Learndanish] is our network of language schools providing Danish language tuition for refugees and migrants. We run 15 language schools all over Denmark.
- Integrationsnet provides professional integration services for municipalities, such as employment promoting activities for refugees or psychosocial interventions and support for vulnerable children and families.
- The Volunteer Department supports more than 8,000 volunteers organised in local volunteer groups all over the Denmark and provides counselling for refugees and migrants. The meeting with volunteers facilitates a good start for newcomers in the local community.
- Knowledge Center for Vulnerable Refugees provides knowledge and tools of relevance for working with refugees, with a focus on vulnerable refugees and refugees affected by trauma. The Knowledge Center works with analysis and evaluation, produces various publications and carries out training and counselling targeting professionals working with refugees.
- Knowledge & Development brings together expertise from all the departments of DRC Integration. Knowledge & Development organises conferences, seminars and courses about integration, and works with innovation and development of new methods and approaches.
Read more about some of our projects
See some of our publications in English